Thursday, February 17, 2011

Africa March 2011

We can do no great things; only small things with great love. ... Mother Teresa

It's Feb. 17th....16 sleeps until my next greatest adventure. I'm going to Africa! I'm going to Africa...I'm surprised when I say that because it's been a dream of mine my whole life. I can hardly believe it's actually coming true. Up until recently, I can say that I have felt "brave" about it all. But between seeing a video that Tessa's been playing by Sarah M...and reading Heather's blog...and seeing the many pictures of what I am about to experience I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and even nervous. I think the term "crocodile tears" might have to be changed to "elephant tears"...hmmm...do elephants cry?...we are going to a baby elephant orphanage maybe I'll find that out.

Heather's blog....we are joining up with her. She went ahead of us to organize many of our projects. http://heathermdouglas.blogspot.com/

The video.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otgAAdxDGkc


Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.
Mother Teresa

Check back often for updates and news of my adventure in Africa...to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment